Gator Cases was founded in 2000 by father-daughter team Jerry Freed and Crystal Morris in Tampa, Florida. Initially, they launched with a small offering of molded plastic guitar cases at the Summer NAMM show in Nashville, Tennessee. From there, they expanded the product line to include case and bag solutions for pro audio, IT, audio visual, general utility, band instrument, and percussion. The line now consists of over 1000 different solutions that are made from vacuum-formed plastics, rotational-molded plastics, wood, sewn, and EVA materials.
Leveraging the company’s expertise in case design and manufacturing, Gator has also grown a complete OEM division that works with leading companies around the world to engineer and manufacture custom cases for original equipment manufacturers.
In 2008, Gator acquired the manufacturing facility and product line of Protechtor Cases, located in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. This new endeavor brought on shore manufacturing in rotational molding along with expansion into the percussion market. Gator continues to invest in additional US manufacturing and expansion of this plant.
In 2013, Gator announced its new Frameworks line of stands and support systems at the Winter NAMM show. The launch features over 50 innovative and unique solutions for microphone, speaker, guitar, keyboard, A/V, and more. The line was extremely well received and compliments the existing case line, making Gator the one stop for all your accessories needs. After being awarded Best in Show Honors at Summer NAMM 2013 and Winter NAMM 2015, it is clear the Frameworks line of products will be a major and permanent contender in the industry.
In 2014, Gator moved into a new state of the art manufacturing and distribution facility in Columbia City, Indiana. With over 180,000 square feet of dedicated space, Gator is poised to continue expanding manufacturing and offer best in class distribution.
In 2015, Gator acquired Viking Cases, a USA based case manufacturer specializing in custom built ATA rated flight cases. All Viking Case manufacturing was moved from it's location in St. Petersburg, FL into our facility in Columbia City, IN.
The Gator Mission – Vision Statement
• To have PASSION about our products, our customers and the markets that we serve
• To have an energetic, POSITIVE work environment that is built on trust, friendship and respect of each other
• To be LOYAL to our customers offering them the best customer experience
• To BUILD our brands in the market to further develop our reputation as an innovative design and solution
provider of quality products
• To CREATE TRUST in every relationship both internally and externally
• To try new things EXPANDING our expertise, knowledge and the way we do business
• To SEEK OUT CHANGE and embrace it with excitement and an open mind
Awards and Accolades
- 2016 - Enterprise Award - She Rocks Awards: Crystal Morris (President)
- 2016 - Best Bag/Case Award - Music and Sound Retailer: Titan Series Waterproof Guitar Cases
- 2015 - Small Business of the Year Semifinalist - Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- 2015 - Best in Show 2015 - Winter NAMM "Gotta Stock it" : iD Series Speaker Stand
- 2015 - Best of Show 2015 - Mix Magazine: Frameworks Mic Stand Accessory Tray
- 2014 - Best Bag/Case 2014 - Music and Sound Retailer: Pro-Go Series Electric Guitar Bag
- 2013 - Small Business of the Year Semifinalist - Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- 2013 - Entreprenuer of the Year Finalist - Ernst & Young: Crystal Morris (President)
- 2012 - Swagger Award for Business Expansion - Indiana Economic Development Corp: Grabill, IN Factory
- 2012 - Best Case Award - Music and Sound Retailer: G-TOUR Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2 Case with 360 Arm
- 2011 - Players Choice Gold Award - Acoustic Guitar Magazine: G-Commander Series Guitar Gig Bags
- 2011 - Best Case Award - Music and Sound Retailer: G-Club Series DJ Bags
- 2009 - Vendor of the Year - West Music
- 2009 - Best Bag/Case Award - Music and Sound Retailer:
- 2008 - Best New Case Award - Music and Sound Retailer
- 2008 - Players Choice Bronze Award - Acoustic Guitar Magazine
- 2007 - Best New Case Award - Music and Sound Retailer: Messenger Series Band Cases
- 2006 - Best New Case Award - Music and Sound Retailer
- 2003 - Best New Accessory - Music and Sound Retailer